One of the best things about Chattanooga is all the bustle and liveliness surrounding the outdoor culture and being fit. If you’re an advanced cyclist, a marathon runner, or you’re beginning your journey to a healthy, fit lifestyle, there is a spot for you in Chattanooga. See the top five ways to get out and get fit in Chattanooga every day, all the time:
- The Great Outdoors! Chattanooga has been named Best Town by Outdoor Magazine for its plethora of outdoor activities. Chattanooga offers more than 50 trailheads!
Lula Lake is just 12.7 miles from downtown Chattanooga and offers two trails, a majestic waterfall and is pet friendly.If you’re looking for something more challenging, Big Daddy Loop is another great choice! Big Daddy Loop is a 10-mile loop just six miles from downtown and has seven trails that are perfect for both hiking or jogging.
Enterprise South Nature Park is another must. This park has biking trails for more advanced cyclists, but is also very pedestrian, family and pet friendly. Find short or long trails here and you’ll be completely immersed in the stretch of trees and forest. You may even glimpse some wildlife!
And of course we can’t forget Rock City and Ruby Falls! Both are breathtaking attractions and are relatively easy. Rock City is a labyrinth through huge, ancient rocks and boulders that are misshapen and beautiful that ends with the most splendid view! Ruby Falls is also a labyrinth, but underground. Wind your way through a cave, stalactites, and stalagmites all the way until the epic waterfall!
If you are seeking an adrenaline rush, check out Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding. You can learn to hang glide above the beautiful Lookout Valley.
- All the gyms! Chattanooga is home to the Sports Barn, an incredible facility that has it ALL. If they’re a little too pricey for you, the YMCA is a very popular gym with a lot of classes that are family friendly, and they have pools, too! There’s also the $10 per month membership to Planet Fitness. If you’re looking for a 24/7 gym, Workout Anytime is a great little spot on the North Shore and is $15 a month.
- The Riverwalk- Chattanooga’s River Walk is such a fun way to get outside and be active! The River walk is a concrete path that starts at the Chickamauga Dam and runs all the way downtown! Miles and miles of safe space to run, walk, bike or just sit and hang out at a picnic table by the Tennessee River. There are four pavilions that are also available for rent alongside the River Walk for family outings or picnics and pavilion number four is next to a large playground! There are also six fishing piers and two boat ramps for those who love the water! This is a great attraction for families to exercise and play safely.
- Bike Chattanooga– Bike Chattanooga is a terrific way to explore the city and exercise simultaneously! You simply slide a card, take the bike and go! When you’re finished, simply return the bike to any station. There are stations all over the city and the Northshore.
- High Point Climbing Gym– This climbing facility is one of Chattanooga’s best attractions. Climb outside with the view of downtown or climb inside with a variety of heights and difficulty! There’s also a kid zone where kids can climb safely and learn the basics. With 30,000 square feet of climbing, there’s space for everyone! If you enjoy yourself and want to get better, there are classes, too! This facility also offers yoga classes. Can you say awesome?
As you can see, Chattanooga has many options to get out and exercise! Stay fit and healthy this spring and explore the Noog!
Schedule a tour of the office today!
or send a message below